Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Here We Go


As 2013 is coming to an end, I find myself missing something. So, I've taken an inventory and everything seems reasonably in check. Loving family? Check. Small group of good friends? Check. Fledgling life&style blog starting to flourish? Check. So what is it that feels like it's missing? As if sent by an angel, I recently read this article. I highly encourage you to read it too. It helped me realize: What's missing is my sense of purpose.


Somehow this year, I quickly lost sight of my priorities. Yes, I had a fun year, but...I clearly lost sight of some of my priorities. I had been on a mission to live a simpler life. A mission to make what I could with my own two hands and teach my children that stores and "things" aren't where we find our happiness. I have always been a woman of two minds. Yes, I love pretty things and I love shopping and make-up and all those wonderfully silly things. I also hope to live on a farm someday soon and truly enjoy cooking, being in nature and creating things with my hands.

This brings me to the purpose of this blog. I am no expert. In fact, I am a novice at just about everything I will write here. The purpose of this blog is to archive my endeavours to live a simple, full and creative life. If you choose to read and share too, all the better! I have so much to learn and try and (hopefully) share. There will be a bit of everything: herbal medicine, cooking, crafts, history, etc...

I am so excited to get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment